Our Construction Lawyers Department is headed up by Lewis Cohen, a partner in the practice, who has considerably in excess of 20 years’ experience in this field.
The department specialises in:
- advice on pre-contract negotiations;
- drafting terms and conditions of contract;
- reviewing documentation which has been provided for the purposes of tendering; and
- dispute resolution in the construction industry including:
- adjudications on behalf of both employers/developers and contractors;
- general construction litigation; and
The Construction Department is familiar with most standard forms of contract, including:
- bonds and collateral warranties; and
- consultants’ appointments.
Projects vary from large developments through to term maintenance contracts and private residential developments.
Lewis Cohen is regularly retained to advise on ongoing projects and ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Whilst adjudication has been available for a number of decades, legislation passed in 1996 provided statutory legislation…
There are many different ways to procure a construction project. The distinctions are between the use of standard form contracts…