1. Who are we?
This policy (together with any other communications we may have with you) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, whether via this website or otherwise, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK and European data protection and e-privacy legislation (Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is Blake-Turner LLP and our office address is 65 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4BE.
2. Information we collect from you
- Information you give usThis is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website www.blaketurner.com (our website) or by corresponding with us by letter, phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you search for a service, make an enquiry, request a quotation, engage us to provide services, during the course of a legal matter and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, position, company, contact details (such as address, e-mail address and phone number), your personal preferences, choices and requirements specific to particular requests or services, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you
- With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our client service number.
- Information we receive from other sourcesThis is information we receive about you if you use the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this website. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, accountants, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
4. Legal grounds for collection and use of your personal information
- We have your consent for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (see the third paragraph of section 1 above and section 5); and/or
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with operating the website and our business, in particular:
- responding to your queries;
- providing services and/or information to you;
- transmitting personal information between our group companies for internal administrative purposes;
- keeping in touch with you and/or your business;
- hosting and maintaining our website;
- providing technical support to you;
- preventing and detecting fraud and other criminal offences;
- ensuring network and information security;
- as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedoms; and/or
- where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us; and/or
- where this is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you (for example to provide goods and/or services to you) or that you have with a third party; and/or
- where this is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
5. Uses made of the information
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To fulfil your requests – to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, respond to your queries and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- Events – o if you indicate that you wish to attend one of our other events, we may share your name and e-mail address with other people that are attending the same event.
- Changes – to notify you about changes to our service;
- Website content presentation – to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We may also use any personal information that you provide to us:
- where legally permitted for specific purposes made clear at the point of collection on particular pages of our website; and/or
- where we otherwise have legal grounds for collection and use of your personal information as explained in more detail in clause 4 above.
If you choose not to provide personal information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the personal information. Aside from this, your visit to the website will remain unaffected.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive), where those purposes are compatible.
6. Disclosure of your information
We will let you know if we need to transfer your personal information to any third party service providers located outside of the EEA.
- Sharing with other selected third partiesWe may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Blake-Turner LLP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets.
7. How long do we store personal information?
8. Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
10. Your rights
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.If you wish to:
- Access, confirm, correct, rectify, update, supplement, anonymise, block, restrict or delete your personal information;
- Object to our use of your personal information;
- Withdraw your consent;
- If you have any questions about our processing of your personal information; or
- If you would like to transfer your personal information from us to another person or business, please contact us at email@example.com.
Where you request access to your personal information, we will respond to you in writing. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity.
We will provide you with all rights in relation to your personal information to which you are entitled under applicable law. If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your personal information, you can make a complaint to the authority responsible for data protection in the country that you are based.